Learn, Grow, Scale with Trailhead
Our Educational Programs
Boise Pitch Night
This program focuses on local & regional startups who are actively fundraising in our community. BPN aims to connect investors, angel funders, local startups, trailhead members, & the community.
The event features:
- A keynote speech
- 3-4 pitches
- Networking/social hour
Please fill out our application form if you are interested in pitching in an upcoming BPN.
Boise Pitch Night is proudly sponsored by Perkins Coie.
Trailmix is a pitch competition for early-stage food-product businesses/consumer packaged goods (CPGs) that is held during Boise Entrepreneur Week. Those selected to pitch receive mentorship, guidance, media attention, social promotion, and product display throughout BEW.
Winners of the Trailmix Pitch Competition earn shelf space at Albertsons, a cash prize, and a myriad of other in-kind prizes. Over the past four years, Trailmix has awarded over $75,000 to food product startups.
Trailmix 2022 Application
Trailhead is excited to bring this one-of-a-kind opportunity to early-stage food-product businesses/consumer packaged goods (CPGs) during Boise Entrepreneur Week (https://www.boiseentrepreneurweek.org/) held at JUMP (https://jumpboise.org/) in Boise, Idaho on October 24-28, 2022!
DEADLINE & SCHEDULE:
The deadline to apply for Trailmix 2022 is Tuesday, August 16th by midnight MST. Trailmix & the Food Expo are scheduled for October 27th, 2022 from 3-5:30 pm at Trailhead.
Winners of the Trailmix Pitch Competition earn shelf space at Albertsons, a cash prize, and a myriad of other in-kind prizes. Over the past four years, Trailmix has awarded over $75,000 to food product startups. NOTE: If you are currently a vendor to Albertsons and/or are in the process of obtaining a vendor number, you DO NOT qualify for the Trailmix competition.
This year, we will be hosting FIVE finalists, each presenting an in-person pitch in front of our distinguished judges. We are excited to showcase your product(s) as a potential Trailmix Finalist.
You Lead Idaho
This program empowers Idaho high school students through a remote dual college credit course, through the Idaho Digital Learning Alliance (IDLA), teaching entrepreneurship, business, marketing, and finance. At the end, student teams pitch for scholarship money and earn dual college credit when they pass the course.
Watch the YLI 21-22 Recap Video!
Below are draft outline dates and additional information for the 22-23 schedule:
- Interested students need to sign up between August and early September
- There is 3-week period to get signed-up in the IDLA course
- The online class starts in September (usually after Labor day)
- The class ends around the 2nd week of January
- Student teams can range from 4-6 students
- The course is an Entrepreneurship/Business course (true dual credit course)
- It is an 8 unit course covering topics such as: entrepreneurship, business, marketing, and finance
- The last two units cover making a pitch deck and giving a final presentation
- The college credit is free to purchase from CWI
- Students go on to participate in Boise State’s Venture College High School Idaho Entrepreneur Challenge (HSIEC) to earn more scholarship money.
- Last year’s YLI 1st place winner (Shoshone High School) went on to win 1st place at the HSIEC!
You Lead Idaho is an incredible opportunity for students to learn, grow, and build a community outside of their school walls!
YLI is proudly sponsored by Keybank, Verizon, the Idaho Digital Learning Alliance, and the Idaho Stem Action Center.
Boise Entrepreneur Week (BEW)
Boise Entrepreneur Week is Idaho’s largest community-driven, entrepreneur-focused event. Each year, thousands of people come together to learn, support, and celebrate Idaho’s growing entrepreneurial ecosystem.
BEW needs YOUR help! BEW is an integral part of so many local business success stories. Our goal is to make an even larger impact in the life of entrepreneurs and double down in response to the momentum and growth our community is blessed with.
Some facts and statistics to consider for BEW 2022:
➡️ We’re expecting to host over 6,000 attendees
➡️ Feature over 140 speakers across 9 unique content Tracks
➡️ Bring high school and college students from all over Idaho
➡️ Increase the non-dilutive prize awards for both the Pitch and Trailmix Competition to $100,000
Our total fundraising goal for BEW 2022 is $500,000 and we need your help to get there. If your organization is interested in sponsoring BEW 2022, please fill out our Sponsor Interest Form, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
See you at Boise Entrepreneur Week 2022! 🙌
Lunch & Learns
Professionals from local Trailhead business partners offer their time to:
- Mentor entrepreneurs and startups.
- Provide professional insights from their organization.
- Offer tools to fill any gaps in a business plan.
- Build networking opportunities.
- Discuss scaling a start-up.
- Educate on closing sales & building operations.
- Identify and connect with your ideal customer.
- Drive traffic to your website.
- Deploy successful sales funnels online.
- And MORE…
Email our Program Manager Alina at, email@example.com, to learn about the next Lunch & Learn being hosted.
Idea, Set, Go!
This 3-week series provides tools to:
- Specify and evaluate your idea.
- Identify and understand your target market.
- Reveal the next steps to bring your vision to life.
Email our Program Manager Alina at, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn when the next 3-week series is being hosted.
This program facilitates a social gathering where members can connect, engage, and ask each other questions over breakfast/coffee. We spotlight a community entrepreneur or Trailhead member to guide the conversation.
Email our Program Manager Alina at, email@example.com, to learn about the next Koffee Klatch being hosted.
Koffee Klatch is proudly sponsored by Perkins Coie.
Meet Our Programming Team
Hi, my name is Alina Gilmore (yes, I’m a full-blooded Gilmore Girl!) I’m a Public Relations fanatic and am a professional communicator who thrives on building trusting relationships, leading a team’s success, and working in a values-based culture.